Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pizza Night!

Let's be honest... who doesn't love meal "theme" nights (Stefan)??  But seriously, who doesn't love pizza night?  The convenience of having a pizza delivered to the house was a luxury that I had to give up when I went gluten free.... until I became brave enough to start making my own pizza.  I started with the mini pizza crust shells that they sell frozen at the store.  I would dress them up with my favorite toppings and it would satisfy the craving temporarily.  But I didn't find true gluten free pizza bliss until I found Chebe - this is hands down, the best, easiest and tastiest gluten free pizza crust mix out there.  It mixes up quickly... rolls out pretty well... bakes up nice and thin.... and it has a nice crispy/chewy texture that lets you fold your slice just like regular pizza.  Love it!  I was always one who enjoyed thin crust pizza, so this is right up my alley.


















Sausage Pizza
This recipe is a bit different from the others, since I've omitted the amounts of each item.  Pizza is a pretty forgiving food to prepare (even when it's bad, it's still pretty good).  I like to use minimal sauce and lots of toppings and cheese - but maybe you like the reverse.  So play around with it and enjoy it - that's the beauty of making pizza for yourself, at home!  The Chebe crust needs to be prepared as directed on the package.  When I roll mine out into a circle, I like to bunch and crimp up the edges a bit so that the edge acts as a barrier to keep all the toppings inside.  The crust needs to bake for about 10 minutes before adding the toppings, then another 15 minutes once the toppings are added.  I like when the edges start to brown a bit.  Yup.... now I'm hungry for pizza!
















I love Pizza Night!!!!  A couple of slices and a glass of red wine.... talk about a great Friday night!
















Go get Chebe mix and treat yourself to pizza again.  Trust me.... DO IT!  :)  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment