Monday, August 30, 2010

GF Pasta with a Spicy Twist!

OK guys, I'm going to be honest with this one.  I made this for dinner a few weeks ago on a Sunday and it was fantastical... we both really loved it.  I took pictures.  I had leftovers.  I even battled with some indigestion from eating too much.  But it's all too common that when I make a great dish like this, it comes together in pieces in my little pea brain, and then we gobble it all up and I never write the recipe down.  So here's the long and short of it.  I was craving pasta and I had a box of Schar Multigrain Penne Rigate in the pantry.  This is one of the best GF pastas out there and really holds up well when tossing it with a thick and chunky kind of pasta sauce.











So that's the pasta part of it.... here's the rest of my inspiration - (1) a whole stick of chorizo that was in the fridge and (2) indian spices, from watching too much of The Next Food Network Star and wanting to create my own Aarti Party in my kitchen.  So the end result was a thick tomato sauce with chunks of chicken, crispy chorizo pieces, chopped olives, and lots of spices (like cumin, chili powder, coriander and even a pinch of cinnamon).... then I stirred in greek yogurt at the end to give it a creamy and tangy finish.  It was awesome.  Sorry I can't be more exact, but I guess it will be my secret and maybe subconsciously I didn't want to share it with any of you.  Oh, and I'm looking at the picture and I see chopped green stuff.  Fresh herbs - probably marjoram and oregano from the planters out back.  Instead of telling you to enjoy this one, I'll just give you one of these :P

No comments:

Post a Comment